Free Printable Fairy Coloring Pages
You can find five free printable fairy coloring pages and 10 activity ideas that can be used with them below.
1. How many words can you think of that rhyme with fairy - possible answers are hairy, scary, wary, marry, dairy, Larry. Can you use these words to create a poem.
2. Draw a fairy. Start with a simple picture of a person to get started - a circle head, an oval body and long oval legs and arms will do. Add wings at the back, a long flowing dress on top, long hair and a simple crown of flowers.
3. Think about what a fairy's life would be like. Where do they live? What do they eat? How do they wash their clothes? What type of bed do they sleep in? What type of pet might they own, what do they do for fun and what might they be scared of?
4. Imagine you meet a fairy and and are invited to spend the day with them. Write a short one or two page story explaining what your day is like.
5. Look at some famous fairies and write down the characteristics and features that they share. Then write down something that is different about each one - Fairy Godmother (Cinderella), Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Blue Fairy (Pinocchio), Tooth Fairy.
6. Write down a list of adjectives that could be used to describe fairies. Write the adjectives on strips of paper and then pull them out randomly to create fairy names for all the students in the class - Glittery Jennifer, Spritely Thomas, Silver Melissa.
7. Create your own fairy character. Draw a picture of them and write their name above it. Below write a paragraph about them. What special characteristics do they have? Where are they from? Who are their friends? What do they like doing?
8. Imagine you have been turned into a fairy. Write down three things that are good about this and three things that are bad about this.
9. Fairies are famous for dancing in Fairy Rings late at night. Fairy Rings are typically formed out of a ring of flowers and may contain stones as well. Draw a fairy ring and then draw some fairies dancing inside.
10. Fairies use their wings to fly. What other things fly? Write a list of living creatures that fly and a list of machines that fly. How do wings work? If there is time research the answer on the internet.